Amazon has a great return policy that customers love and that’s why they come back for shopping. You can return any product if you don’t like it but only if you return it within a particular time period. Let’s see why the Amazon return button is not working for some users like yourself and what you can do to fix this issue.
Amazon Return Button Not Working
Amazon return button might not be working due to several reasons. Let’s look at these and what you can do to fix it. If you can fix you can at least understand why it happens and then follow my workaround or wait for the fix to be resolved by Amazon.
By the way, ready my tips for saving money when shopping online.
Reason # 1 – Mobile app issue
Amazon returns sometimes do not work if you try it in the Amazon mobile app. If so, try the same using your laptop or mobile phone’s browser. This happens especially when you tried to return a Kindle book within 7 days of your purchase. Do the following.
- Open your browser and go to https://www.amazon.com/digitalorders.
- Log in to the same Amazon account.
- Go to your Digital Orders tab, and select the Return for Refund button next to the title you want to return.
- Select the Return for Refund button and this time it should work fine.
Reason # 2 – Amazon’s Return Period Policy
You might be returning your item beyond the time period when you are eligible to return it. Be sure to read Amazon’s policy for returns which explains in detail what is return windows for different categories of products.
Reason # 3 – Amazon logged you out
The return button maybe not work simply because your session has timed out or expired. In other words, you have been logged out after some period of inactivity. If so, try login into your Amazon account and try again. This time it should work fine.
Reason # 4 – The return button won’t show for certain Amazon purchases
Some items that are sold at Amazon are simply non-returnable. Gift cards, digital software products, Hazardous Materials, and other items are not eligible for return. In this situation, you won’t see the return button at all and if ever seen, it will display as disabled.
Confirm your return greyed out Amazon
There are a few reasons why the “Confirm Your Return” button might be grayed out on Amazon and you cannot click on Amazon return.
- The return window has closed. Amazon’s return policy typically allows you to return items within 30 days of purchase. If the return window has closed, you will not be able to return the item.
- The item is not eligible for return. Some items are not eligible for return, such as digital products, gift cards, and items that have been used or damaged.
- You have already returned an item from the same order. You can only return one item per order. If you have already returned an item from an order, the “Confirm Your Return” button will be grayed out for any other items on the order.
- There is a problem with your order. If there is a problem with your order, such as a missing item or a damaged item, you will need to contact Amazon customer service to initiate a return.
If you are not sure why the “Confirm Your Return” button is grayed out, you can contact Amazon customer service for assistance.
Here are some additional things to check if the “Confirm Your Return” button is grayed out:
- Make sure you are logged into the correct Amazon account.
- Make sure you are returning the correct item.
- Make sure you are returning the item within the return window.
- Make sure the item is eligible for return.
- Make sure you have not already returned an item from the same order.
- If you have checked all of these things and the “Confirm Your Return” button is still grayed out, you can contact Amazon customer service for assistance.
One of the fixes that I suggested in this post will surely work. The solution for reason number 1, is mostly the case for most users. If non of the solutions in this post worked for you, you can call Amazon customer service and they are more than welcome to take a look at your case.
If any of the fixes worked fine, why not celebrate it with a free 3-months of YouTube Premium?
Ways To Earn Online Money – My Full List Of All Possible Ways